玉穗溫泉 YuSui Hot Spring

Along Sothern Cross Island Highway 20, Kaohsiung County
Tel: 0933284413
Fee: NT100 for Hot Spring / Camp NT50 per pax
Google Map
Last Visited: 21st Jun 2009
Features: natural hot spring, river camping


We chanced this place from a local camping guide magazine. This hot spring is the closest to nature one can ask for. I did some homework and managed to located it on Google map. Coming from South on route 20, at 100.5K you should look out on the right where there is a small slip road and note the marked rock above. To get to the Hot Spring you will need to drive 4Km inland. The road is not easy as the climb is very step.



Crossing the river



Our camp ground. I decided to camp away from the cliff as the last few days was continuously raining and to prevent any loose rock from hitting us. During the afternoon it started to rain and I could hear small rock slipping down from the cliff. The owner had mad a few power point on the camp ground that is closer to the cliff and one at the spa area.



Kids playing surfing rock


Closer view

Our gathering area.The wooden folding table I made myself prior to this trip. It weighs less than 3kg and cost NT500 for the material. I will post later under Gears DIY

Learning how to get treated water from the river

Ah... my faithfull MSR Drangonfly Stove



Dinner - Congee with anchovies, green pepper, salted and century egg

Mango size of my face. NT65 for 2 which we bought along the way




See who got the biggest bite




Mixture of Hot and Cold Spring

Toilet looks clean but I had not have the chance to use it. I heard there is only cold water